About Aireys Inlet
Aireys Inlet is nestled between the iconic coastal features of Fairhaven Beach and Urquharts Bluff. Characterised by Split Point Lighthouse, the only lighthouse visible from the Great Ocean Road, and traversed by the Painkalac estuary, Aireys Inlet is in Surf Coast Shire.
Aireys Inlet Tourism and Traders Association represents the interests of the local visitor economy and has a commercial partnership with Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism.
The Aireys Inlet Brand
We are dedicated to nourishment of the body, mind and soul. Let out the worries of the everyday and let in the calming flow of the ‘ocean meets bush’ lifestyle. We are a place where your mind is nourished by nature and your body is nourished by fresh locally made cuisine, all shared by generous people.
Nature lights the way in Aireys Inlet and truly connecting with it will replenish the souls of those who visit.
A commercial destination partnership is in place between Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism and Aireys Inlet Tourism and Traders Association. 20% of investment from Aireys Inlet businesses in the GOR official marketing program is made available for AITTA to spend on local visitor economy objectives.
Strategic Priorities – Aireys Inlet
- Develop operational structure to facilitate the implementation and measurement of this Plan.
- Develop a framework for the consistent marketing and promotion of Aireys Inlet.
- Cultivate opportunities and mechanisms to engage and work with all stakeholders to foster a collaborative and cohesive visitor economy community.
- Grow skills base and connectivity of the visitor economy community.
- Foster our event culture to grow off peak visitation.
- Support the development of Aireys Inlet as a walking destination.
- Advocate for the visitor economy priorities of Aireys Inlet at a local, regional, state and federal level.
- Manage growth to alleviate negative impacts on the environment, sea and landscapes, way of life and sense of community of Aireys Inlet.
Reference: Aireys Inlet Destination Action Plan 2019-2021
Destination Action Plan
Aireys Inlet Destination Page
Aireys Inlet Brand Video
General Manager, Liz Price
We need to encourage visitors to see the breadth and depth of what we have to offer, to encourage them to stay longer, travel further, spend more money and to come back again and again.