12 Apostles Coast & Hinterland
About 12 Apostles Coast & Hinterland
The geography of the 12 Apostles Coast and Hinterland is roughly from Moonlight Head through to Peterborough (including Port Campbell and Princetown, and hinterland including Simpson, Cooriemungle, Timboon and Cobden. Mainly in Corangamite Shire, some of these areas fall outside the Corangamite local government area and are in Moyne Shire Council.
The region’s most iconic natural attraction, the 12 Apostles, is located here, along with other coastal features such as Loch Ard Gorge, the Grotto and London Bridge. The area is known for its dairy industry, with many farms capitalising on the visitor economy and developing farm gate artisan food product. Port Campbell services those staying overnight in the area with many accommodation options and visitor amenity.
12 Apostles Coast & Hinterland is a story of wonder and transformation. Where the awe-inspiring work of Mother Nature reminds us all how lucky we are to be alive.
We’re Mother Nature’s constant work in progress. There’s never a dull day, because the landscape is always changing. We’re a place where the power of nature can be felt all around; from the roar of the ocean crashing against the cliffs, to the enormous strawberries produced by our fertile soil.
A destination partnership is in place for Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism to provide facilitation of the Twelve Apostles Tourism and Business Group making 20% of the destination’s operator investment in official GORRT marketing products available for this group to spend on local visitor economy objectives.
- Develop new and enhance existing products and experiences, targeted at the needs of both current and potential visitors that will lead to an increased length of stay.
- Develop & Implement the Marketing Plan.
- Develop a seamless visitor service excellence culture and capacity.
- Promote the value of the visitor economy to the community.
- Local Tourism and Business Associations.
- Risk Management (Council & GORRT responsible).
Destination Action Plan
Destination Website Visitation
in 2019 (pre-covid)
in 2019 (pre-covid)