Anglesea, known by the Wadawurrung traditional owners as ‘the fishing place’ is characterised by the Anglesea River that intersects the town.
On the Great Ocean Road in the Surf Coast Shire, Anglesea’s peak local tourism representative body is Business and Tourism Anglesea, who have a commercial destination partnership with Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism. Flanked by the Anglesea Heath and the Otway National Park, Anglesea is familiar to many Victorians as a school camp destination with several group camping facilities catering to school group in and around the township.
The Anglesea Brand
We’re a place where a taste for adventure starts young. Our waters have taught many to swim, surf and love the ocean. We never fail to bring a smile to visitors’ faces – from a cheeky roo on the golf course, to a family board game at the caravan park.
In Anglesea, fun comes first. Anglesea is a story of outdoor adventure. Boogie boards on the whitewash and feet off the pedals. It’s about taking on the day and making the most of every minute.
A commercial destination partnership is in place between Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism and Business and Tourism Anglesea. 20% of investment from Anglesea businesses in the GOR official marketing program is made available for Business and Tourism Anglesea to spend on local visitor economy objectives.
Strategic Priorities – Anglesea
- New experiences to celebrate Anglesea as a world class eco-tourism destination whilst maintaining the local character of Anglesea.
- Support strategic planning to create greater connectivity and access and align with town character.
- Evolve Brand Anglesea and build depth of content to celebrate our product strengths and tell our stories.
- Connect and educate our industry, residents, youth and community groups to welcome visitors and enhance the visitor experience
- Industry development to foster cohesion and support businesses.
- Support policies and programs that actively manage the visitor economy impacts on Anglesea to ensure a sustainable and vibrant visitor economy.
Reference: Anglesea Destination Action Plan 2019 – 2021
Destination Action Plan
Anglesea Destination Website