Business operators who attended the Victorian Tourism Awards information sessions recently were given some valuable tips for preparing their award submission this year:
- Read all questions before you start writing – you may need to chase up some information and you don’t want to leave that until the last minute.
- Ensure ALL parts of the question are answered (common oversight).
- Be clear, concise and professional in your writing, but reflect the personality and culture of your business.
- Don’t assume judges will have prior knowledge about your business or region.
- Ensure every claim you make is evidence-based.
- Don’t hide failure – focus on how it was addressed.
- Brainstorm with another operator before you start writing and review each other’s submission for fresh eyes and input.
- Each applicant gets a site visit from a judge, so ensure the person who wrote the submission is in attendance.
Nominations close Saturday, June 30.
More information: https://www.victoriantourismawards.com.au/