An Otway Fire and Rain Summit will be held in Forrest on April 29-30.
The Forrest & District Community Group has organized the event in response to the threat of more frequent and intense bushfires from a warming climate.
The two-day event aims to facilitate conversations, presentations and the sharing of local experiences.
Anticipated outcomes are for attendees to learn from each other, grow new partnerships and co-design pathways and actions to help build bushfire adapted communities.
Guest speakers will include:
- Robert Glasser, Former Head of the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
- Sharon Bradshaw, Forrest Brewery co-owner & Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism board member
- Justin Leonard, CSIRO Research Scientist – Bushfire Urban Design
- Rebecca Patrick, Deakin University Climate & Health researcher
- Jack Pascoe, Conservation and Research Manager, Conservation Ecology Centre
The project is funded by DELWP under the Virtual Centre for Climate Change Innovation.
For more information and to register go to: www.otwaysfiresummit2020.org