Tourism Australia’s Holiday Here This Year campaign is helping Australia’s tourism industry to recover from the impacts of bushfires.
The $76 million campaign is funded under the Australian Government’s National Bushfire Recovery Package.
On January 30, 2020 the TA reported the following results:
- The media launch generated around $1.2 million worth of coverage across TV, radio, print and web.
- Social media activities reached over 8 million people across TA owned channels.
- The industry operator video was viewed over 2.7 million views across Facebook and Instagram.
- More than 10,000 people have shown their commitment to holiday in Australia this year by responding to the campaign Facebook event.
- The #HolidayHereThisYear hashtag is being used by STOs, RTOs, industry operators, Friends of Australia ambassadors and the public – with more than 5,000 reported posts so far.
TA is also running a business focused promotion called Event Here This Year to encourage Australian businesses to hold major events and conferences in Australia, rather than offshore.
What you can do: